Friday, August 14, 2009

Winter Joy


An early winter layout I did last week, using mainly papers and embellishments from SEI's Winter Song Collection. I just love this collection and couldn't wait to use it when I got it. And I immediately knew what I wanted to do with it too.

I distressed the edges of the cardstock paper and tore out a little "window" for the photo, layering it with another torn out "window" behind.



I then decorated the layout with poinsettias from Prima, ribbons and lace fibers, pearls, a metal accent, and a cut-out of the gorgeous flocked bird from SEI's Frost paper, which I attached to the layout using 3D foam dots for dimension.



And to add some sparkle, I applied stickles to the printed part of the bird cut-out as well as the flowers and leaves.



Materials used:
Patterned Paper - SEI Winter Song Collection - Winter Song
Cardstocks - SEI Winter Song Collection - Frost; Basic Grey's Bittersweet Collection - Lipstick Red; Basic Grey Designer Cardstock - Crisp
Flowers and Leaves - Prima Festive Christmas
Brads - SEI Winter Song Designer Brads, Karen Foster Design Sparkle Burst Brads - Holly and Berries
Ribbon - SEI Winter Song Collection
Alphas - Basic Grey Wassail Collection Alpha Stickers
Journal Tag - SEI Metal Accents - Moravia; SEI Epoxy Stickers - Winter Song
Others - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, Ranger Ice Stickles in Crystal Ice, EK Success 3D Foam Dots, Pearls, Lace Fiber

2 comments:

Unknown said...

really beautiful layout!

Veronica Goh said...

Thanks so much, and thanks for dropping by! :)