Sunday, November 29, 2009

Believe In Yourself


This layout was inspired by another layout I happened to previously come across online, but which I unfortunately cannot remember the name of its designer. So whoever the talented lady is, I thank you for the inspiration.



This layout was created for my older DD, who is spite of her dyslexia, managed to achieve top position in her class for her P6 prelim exams this year. Proud moment for mummy!



I used a mix of papers from Webster's Pages, both from their Postcards From Paris as well as their Winter's Wings collections, and embellished with cut-outs and bellies from Webster's as well.



The hardest part of this layout was holding the folded paper down, and for this, I used a piece of lace to hold it together, sort of like a curtain cord or belt. I then held the lace in place with a brad and some glue.



Behind the photo, I've inserted a piece of hidden journaling with a message to my DD.




Materials used:
Patterned Papers - Webster's Pages Postcards From Paris Collection - Romantique Chic, Salon Les Fleurs; Webster's Pages Winter's Wings Collection - Magical Tree, Snow Tips
Flowers - Prima
Laces - Prima
Brad - Making Memories Lacy Brads - Antique Copper
Cameo - Webster's Pages Silhouettes Self-Adhesive Decorative Cameos - Nature
Journaling Tags - Webster's Pages Fabric Fancies - Winter Fancies, Maya Road Sheers - Journal Tags in Cream
Alphas - Webster's Pages Little Storytellers Alpha Stickers - Paris
Others - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap, American Crafts Slick Writer in Black Fine

No comments: