Sunday, June 6, 2010

Being You


This is another DT layout I did for Zva Creative using Pink Paislee's Queen Bee Collection papers and Zva Creative's flowers and pearls.



I tore a little frame out of the Bee Hive diecut paper and created an inner frame with the Worker Bee paper, and placed my photo within this "frame".



I then layered some strips of paper and ribbon across the background of the layout, using an edge punch to create the borders of the strip.



Next, the Honey Bee paper lends itself so well to cutting that I just had to cut out the flowers and leaves and surround the photo with them. I adhered these to the paper using pop-up dots, and created even more dimension with some lovely flowers and pearls from Zva Creative. The yellow and green flowers matched the papers perfectly, and I added splashes of white for a little bit of contrast.



I must say I'm quite pleased with how this turned out. :)

Materials used:
Patterned Papers - Pink Paislee - Queen Bee Collection - Bee Hive Diecut, Worker Bee, Honey Bee, Queen Bee
Ribbon - Pink Paislee - Queen Bee Collection - Ribbon Pleats
Flowers - Zva Creative Bulk Flowers
Flourish - Zva Creative Self-Adhesive Pearls - Promenade Flourish in Brown
Alphas - American Crafts Thickers - Nutmeg Glossy Letter Stickers in Chestnut
Edge Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts - Arch Lattice Edge Punch
Others - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap, EK Success 3-D Dots, K & Co Craft Glue, Kokuyo Dotliner

2 comments:

Hélène said...

wow this layout is beautiful!
I'm surprise to see very few comments on your blog . You are very talented.Usually i speek french but i made a special for you...bravo!

Veronica Goh said...

Thank you so much, Helene! And thank you for dropping by. I'm very touched that you would speak English for me. :)