Friday, June 25, 2010

Little Dragon


I finally used my Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage papers!

The photo shows my younger DD pointing to a dragon sculpture, taken in Sentosa. She tends to "associate" with dragons as she's born in the Year of the Dragon in the Chinese calendar, hence the title - Little Dragon.



I distressed and inked the edges of the papers and photo for added definition, and then mounted the photo using 3D pop-up dots, for dimension. I hand cut the flourishes from the Flower Garden paper, and also adhered it to the layout with more pop-up dots. I always like lots of dimension to my layouts.



The hand-cut flourishes are so beautifully elaborate that they can stand on their own without any further embellishments, so the only thing I added here is the Ribbon Pleat, also from Pink Paislee's Bayberry Cottage Collection.



Materials used:
Patterned Papers - Pink Paislee's Bayberry Cottage Collection - Picket Fence, Flower Garden, Front Porch
Ribbon - Pink Paislee's Bayberry Cottage Collection - Ribbon Pleats
Journaling Tag - Pink Paislee's Bayberry Cottage Collection - Punchouts
Alphas - Pink Paislee - Expressions Glitter Alphabets - Licorice; American Crafts Thickers - Rockabye Foam Letter Stickers - White; Making Memories - Tiny Alpha Alphabet Stickers - Black On White
Others - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot, EK Success 3D Dots

No comments: