Friday, June 11, 2010

Water Babe


My younger DD enjoying herself in the pool on a hot day last year. This is another DT layout for Zva Creative. I used a mix of papers from Crate Paper, Tim Holtz and GCD Studios for this layout. Isn't it great how these can be combined so nicely together?



I created a series of concentric circles on the layout, using Crate Paper's diecut paper, some lace, and patterned papers. I used Martha Stewart Crafts' Doily Lace Edge Punch on the strips of brown patterned paper, to create a lace effect, and complemented these with some white laces I had in my stash.



And I decided to use a lovely and very appropriate patterned paper from Tim Holtz for the centre circle, to simulate the look of water. I thought it went very nicely with the background of the photo.



The layout is then completed with some Zva goodness - flowers to match the colours of the pool and background paper, as well as my DD's swimsuit, and some lovely black crystal flourishes like splashes of water, to further emphasize the water theme.



Materials used:
Patterned Papers - GCD Studios' Ella Blue Collection - Peggy Sue; Crate Paper's Prudence Collection - Charity, and Virtue; Tim Holtz's Idea-ology Paperie - Shabby Vintage Paper Stash
Flowers - Zva Creative - Bulk Flowers, Felt Flowers
Brads - Zva Creative - Crystal Brads
Flourishes - Zva Creative - Self-Adhesive Crystals - Northern Lights in Jet
Alphas - American Crafts Thickers - Nutmeg Glossy Letter Stickers in Chestnut
Laces - Melissa Frances; from stash
Edge Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts - Doily Lace Edge Punch
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Broken China, Weathered Wood, Frayed Burlap
Adhesives - Beacon's 3-In-1 Advanced Craft Glue, Kokuyo Dotliner


2 comments:

EileenMV said...

Beautiful layout - I love the lace and the flowers too! The paper is beautiful & so are the colors!!! I love the circle design of your layout - lovely!

Veronica Goh said...

Thanks so much, Eileen! I really appreciate your lovely comments. :)