Sunday, August 8, 2010

Birthday Invites


Yesterday was my MIL's 70th birthday. She celebrated it with a big birthday dinner for her family and close friends. And moi was charged with creating the invitation cards, among other things. Given that I had to handmake all the cards, this was what I came up with, using up some of my Prima stash of flowers and blings.



I chose a red cardstock as red is an auspicious colour to the Chinese - can't go wrong there. And I offset this with black and cream patterned paper from DCWV's La Creme Paper Stack, which I trimmed with a border punch, for some added design. Add a flower and some bling and there you have it.



Each card is slightly different from the rest, so they're all one-of-a-kind.



Materials used:
Patterned Paper - DCWV - La Creme Paper Stack
Cardstock - American Crafts Cardstock - Rouge
Flowers - Prima
Crystal Flourishes - Prima Say It In Crystals
Border Punches - Martha Stewart Crafts Edge Punch - Arch Lattice, Doily Lace


No comments: