Sunday, May 17, 2015

Enjoy The Moment


It's time yet again for another reveal at My Creative Sketches, and here is this month's lovely sketch by Kristine Davidson.


For my DT layout, I used papers from My Mind's Eye, with embellishments from Prima Marketing, Kaiser and Scrap FX.



I framed the inner square of the layout with some lace trim to give it a more defined border.


And I applied gesso to the wood embellishments and then lightly inked them with distress ink and brushed some distress stickles over them for a very faint trace of colour and shimmer.


And I just love this bird's nest from Prima. I think the nest with the pink and white flower cluster (to match the pink flowers in the photos) give this layout a very "spring" feel. :)


Now, hop on over to the MCS blog for more inspiration, and also to check out the fabulous prize that's been put together for this month's winner. Looking forward to seeing all your lovely layouts!

Thanks for dropping by! :)

Materials used:
Patterned Papers - My Mind's Eye - Penny Lane Collection - Tiny Dancer "Ballet" Dancing Circles Paper; My Mind's Eye - Stella And Rose Collection - Hazel "Memories" Lithe Lines Paper, Hazel "Lovely" Adorned Paper
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Flowers and Leaves - Prima Marketing - Princess Collection (Happily Ever After), Cabriole Collection (Aqua), Laraine Collection (Candy Apple), Charlotte Collection, Audrey Collection; from own stash
Bird's Nest - Prima Marketing - Cradle Collection - Robin
Tag - Prima Marketing - Stationer's Desk Collection - Tag Me
Wood Embellishments - Scrap FX - Flourish 1; Kaiser Scrapbook - Wood Flourishes - Mixed Designs (Corners)
Lace Trim - Daiso - Lace Ribbon (White)
Alphas - American Crafts Thickers - 'Heart' Puffy Letter Stickers (White)
Mediums - Liquitex Gesso; Ranger Distress Stickles - Old Paper; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Iced Spruce, Tea Dye
Adhesives - Beacon’s 3-In-1 Advanced Craft Glue, Kokuyo Dotliner, EK Tools 3D-Dots - Foam Dot Squares

No comments: