Sunday, May 2, 2010

True


I did this layout at a crop last Sunday. We were each given a similar kit to work with and see what we could come up with. Of course, we could add our own embellishments to suit our own individual styles. When I saw the kit, the first thing I thought was, "Oh no! This is so not my style!" But after the initial apprehension, I finally managed to come up with this. And I actually like it. Goes to show what you can come up with when you're thrown a challenge!



I borrowed a Sizzix Film Strip Die from my friend Pancy, who also happened to be the organiser of the crop. I inked the die-cut chipboard piece with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Barn Door red, and then applied Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy to it.



I then used this as a base around which I "built" the flowers and butterfly.



I like the very layered, dimensional look of this.



Materials used:
Patterned Papers - The Girls' Paperie - On Holiday Collection - Travel Skirt, Mixed Dots, Vintage Travel
Die - Sizzix Film Strip Die
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Barn Door, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain
Crackle Paint - Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint - Clear Rock Candy
Flowers - Prima - Valentine Vine Yellow, Athena Powder Puff, Zazi Seafoam, Petit Mums Amber
Butterfly - Prima - Andorra Pearl White
Alphas - American Crafts Thickers - Lullaby Glitter Letter Stickers in Rouge
Others - EK Success 3D Dots

No comments: