Saturday, January 31, 2009

Live In The Moment

Amidst all the Chinese New Year festivities, I actually managed to finish two layouts this week! So I'm very pleased with myself - haha!



This first one I did is based on a lovely sketch by the talented Anam Stubbington, for Prima's Build-A-Page January Contest. I used papers from Prima's Tea and Silk Collection, and applied two types of stickles to the designs for some added texture.



I also applied stickles to the flowers and the Prima brad on the left flower, for some sparkle, and used cut-outs to make the layout interesting.



The photo of my two DD was taken on the first day of Chinese New Year this year, and the journaling reads:




Materials used:
Patterned Papers - Prima Tea and Silk Collection - Nijo, Katsura, Kyoto, Daigoji, and Nanzenji
Flowers - Prima
Brads - Prima Angelique Collection, K & Company, Karen Foster Designs
Title Alphas - American Crafts Thickers - Chipboard Jewelry Box in Brown, Prima Whispered Words in Brown
Journaling Sticker - 7Gypsies
Others - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap, Ranger Ice Stickles in Crystal Ice, Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Antique Linen, Hero Arts Gemstones, Elements by Mark Richards Crystal Stickers

No comments: